Sunday, August 26, 2007

Twas the night before school

You would think with a title like that I would have some clever little poem about school starting tomorrow but I don't. I'm just not clever.
I can't believe we're embarking on another school year. It is just amazing how each summer seems to just fly by and each year flies by faster than the last.
I have a good feeling about this year. Justin is in 9th grade and actually looking forward to the year. When his dad asked him class he thought he would enjoy the most and Justin said all of them. He's got a pretty tough schedule and I hope he survives all right.
Brooke is in 8th grade and her schedule is also a good one - except she's short one semester elective class and due to schedule conflicts may end up taking an online high school class. I'm meeting with one of the school counselors tomorrow to figure it out.
Taylor is in 4th grade and seems to have a wonderful teacher. We met her at back to school night last week and I was very impressed. I've already set up my volunteer time in her class - every Tuesday. I didn't volunteer at all last year and I missed it.
And this is the first year that I'm not feeling all depressed, panicky and stressed out having my helpers leave me. Jared and Kamryn are 2 now and life is a lot more manageable with them. Right now they are playing downstairs in our newly created play room/family room and they are getting along very well (for the most part). It's now that I really realize how great it is that we had two together at the end. Thank goodness for a built in playmate.
I made a list of projects to work on this week (and a long term list too). I really hope to be organized (or get that way in the next couple of weeks) and accomplish a lot this year.
Now, I better get these two little tikes to bed. They napped until after 6:00 so they weren't ready to go down at 9:00 like everyone else. Taylor has already been out saying he can't sleep. Do you remember those nights before the first day of school?

1 comment:

Janice said...

I always HATED the night before school. Once I got the first day over I was fine, but night before was always AWFUL!