Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trouble makers

I have two little trouble makers. You know how it is with toddlers - on their own they don't get into too much trouble but together they spell disaster. Well twin toddlers is like having a little friend over 24/7! Every day it is another disaster and sometimes it is the same disaster all over again.
On Monday, I was in the kitchen washing the dishes and Jared & Kamryn were playing on the patio. Soon I couldn't here there cute little voices and went to check on them - they had gone in the front yard and pulled out half of my flowers in the front flower bed. They're just petunias and were only planted about 2 weeks ago so they pulled up the whole root bunch of about half the flowers. I couldn't believe it and how fast they did it was amazing. I started telling them how naughty that was and Jared turned to Kamryn and told her "you naughty." So while I was replanting the flowers they went back to play on the patio. When I was finished with the flowers I went to check on them (my big mistake was letting them go again unsupervised) and found that they had taken cupfuls of the red sand and dumped them all over the living room! I lost it at that point. They both got spakens and had to sit on the steps on the patio and couldn't leave until I finished cleaning up that mess.
And that was just Monday.
Yesterday they did the flower bed AGAIN! I was making dinner and they were watching George on PBS in the living room. Taylor came and got me and said come look. I'm thinking they are doing something cute like watching TV with their arms around each other (this has happened in the past) but I was SO WRONG. I look out the window and they there are again pulling up the flowers. I open the front door and start yelling and they ran away! I'm not kidding about the running away. They took off in the direction of their grandma's. I had to yell to Justin and Brooke to go get them because I was in the middle of cooking dinner. Pure craziness.

3 comments:

Janice said...

So sorry!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I laughed. Not because you had to go through it but because I have been having similar experiences with Sarah. First one Sunday while she is supposed to be taking a nap, she takes a bottle of baby oil and pours it all over herself and her carpet along with liquid foundation. Not a day later she is found in her room with a tub of water and the baby wash splashing around. Then she has this fascination with the toilet and it's contents. Mind you this girl turns 3 in less than a month!! SHEESH!!!

Anonymous said...

Locks. Locks on the fence, locks on the doors.