Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer

I love summer!! It's my favorite season by far (maybe that is why I liked Phoenix so much, since it is the longest season there by a long shot). I love the laid back pace and I love having my kids around more (the downside of that is feeding them more but we handle it).
I love the sounds of summer - the kids at the pool, the birds, my kids playing nightgames with friends in the neighborhood.
Today was pretty laid back - laundry day but only had to do 4 loads this week. Didn't quite make it to the ironing yet. Taylor and Justin are both doing Blue Chip basketball camp. Brooke had piano lessons - at 12:30. I've been so worried that we would forget so I've made Tues stay at home day. Justin had soccer practice from 2-4 in the afternoon and survived.
We only lost Jared and Kamryn once today. Half of our fence is down in the backyard and they have started to wander out of the yard. I took the kids to the outdoor pool right before school got out so now they know about the pool back there and constantly look longingly at the pool. Guess I need to take them again.
Well, late this afternoon Jared and Kamryn were playing on the basketball court. They have a great time out there together and I enjoy spying on them from the bathroom window. They were playing fine and I had to go change the laundry. Just gone a couple of minutes. I go back to the window and can't see them. So I go out back to look for them and when I get out to the court I can see that they are at the top of the grassy hill behind our house by the tennis courts. How in the world did they get up there so fast? So I walked out farther in the field to see what they were doing and when they saw me they started back down the hill. But at the bottom they got distracted and headed off to the park. I kind of just watched them to see what they would do. Kamryn kept cruising away from me and every time I called her name she looked back at me, smiled and kept on going. So we had an impromptu park visit. We stayed for a few minutes and they took turns in the toddler swing (why can't there be 2 swings like that?) and then I had to convince them to go back home so I could figure out what Justin could make for dinner (it was his turn to cook and he came up with pancakes, great dinner but it worked out).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad the "Lost kids" story ended so well. Good luck keeping them contained. Maybe you need to get that fence fixed.