Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kid games

Our activity for mutual tonight was a combined activity with the boys and girls. We had a BBQ over here at our house - out back. We knew we could have basketball - but that would mainly be a boy thing. We borrowed my friend's volleyball set up but I knew there were some kids that wouldn't want to play. So I went to FamilyFun.com and looked up outdoor games. I found a few that sounded fun and not too little kiddish. The kids looked at me strange when I made them all line up and count off for the games but I think they all ended up having fun. We played:
*"Icebreaker" game
*Catch the Dog
*Steal the Bacon
*Red Rover
The kids ended up having a great time with the games and didn't want to quit. We ended the evening with some volleyball games. It was a great activity and didn't cost us too much (just the food for the BBQ).

No comments: