Thursday, April 02, 2009

So Sad

Early this evening I went to the viewing for Dan Howells. He was such a great example and friend to everyone who knew him. It was certainly evident how many lives he touched because the viewing was packed. The line to talk to the family members wound all over the church building. People have come up from Tucson where Dan and his wife Amy lived for several years. I went to high school and both of them and they are both such good, good people. I knew before I even got there that I would really have a hard time talking to Amy. I knew she would be the one comforting everyone. And I was right. She is such a strong person and so amazing. The greatest thing was their daughter Kathryn, who was in the accident with her dad, was standing right there with her mom and was so strong for everyone. She had a lot of cuts and abrasions on her face but she was smiling and hugging everyone who came through the line. It was so touching. I wish I could make it to the funeral tomorrow. It's going to be a beautiful meeting. My thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks for the call with the update last night. I really appreciated it.

paige said...

I'm so glad you went. I wish I could have gone with you. It's good that she has SO many friends and family for support.