Thursday, February 12, 2009

Delicious Dinner

So I made dinner last night. I was on a real streak a couple of weeks ago and made dinner 10 nights in a row! Major record for me!! Then the last two weeks were very hit and miss - mostly due to busy schedules and not everyone being home for dinner. So last night I made dinner again - new recipe that I got from my sister. She got it here. It was delicious! I loved it! About 1/2 the family liked it. Brooke doesn't like this kind of food and the twins didn't really like it but they ate it. I would definitely make it again but it won't be a weekly thing - too much prep.

Thai Chicken and Sesame Noodles

What You Need

1 env. GOOD SEASONS Asian Sesame Dressing Mix, prepared as directed on envelope
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 lb. thin spaghetti, cooked, drained
1 cup shredded carrots
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Make It

MIX dressing and soy sauce. Pour 1/3 cup over chicken in bowl; toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Meanwhile, mix remaining dressing mixture, peanut butter, honey and crushed red pepper.

TRANSFER chicken and marinade to skillet; cook and stir on medium-high heat 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Place in large bowl. Add spaghetti, peanut butter mixture and all remaining ingredients; mix lightly.

*****
I tweaked the recipe a little bit - here are the changes I made:
I used linguini instead of spaghetti.
I added 1/2 red pepper chopped. Then I sauteed the red pepper and the green onions in a little olive oil before I added them to the whole mixture.
I used Ken's Steakhouse Asian Sesame dressing (lite) instead of the envelope of dressing.
I used all the cilantro called for and it was too much. I would cut it in half.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the taste. Oh my heck it was so good! Definitely one I will be making.
Julianne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the taste. Oh my heck it was so good! Definitely one I will be making.
Julianne

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make sure you heard me I guess (oops!)