Sunday, March 30, 2008

Potty Training


Kamryn is smiling because she is officially potty trained!!! (well mostly)
We started on Tuesday with wearing big girl panties. She changed her panties every time she went potty that day - I think she couldn't decide which princess she liked best.
She had a couple of accidents on Tuesday and Wednesday. She didn't really seem to get it and I was doing the thing I swore to never do - me be the one potty trained and always asking her if she needed to go potty. Thursday I was ready to give it up because she didn't really seem ready. We went back to diapers that day but on Friday she was insistent on wearing panties again and went the whole day with only one accident. And then on Saturday, while Justin was tending, she overcame the big obstacle of pooping in the potty. We were so proud of her and she got to get her present today - a DVD of Piglet's Big Movie.
I just hope we continue to do well. One down, one to go (that won't be anytime soon).

4 comments:

Shingleton Family said...

Way to go Kamryn!!! So are girls really easier to potty train than boys? I don't took forward to starting with Rachel, but I can't wait for no more Diapers.

Susan Byers said...

That's awesome! At least you got the night time thing done already.

Stephanie said...

You've been tagged! Look at my blog :)

Anonymous said...

How fun that she is almost there! I need to get working on Ryan this summer. Fun fun. Hope to get that done before the baby comes.