Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break

Spring break is over and we're all sad about that. It's never long enough. I think I would really like being on the year round schedule and having breaks throughout the year. I enjoy my kids being out and 3 days wasn't long enough.
We didn't go anywhere this year and just enjoyed being home and taking it easy.
We spent Thursday taking 4 kids to the dentist. Justin refused to go because he wanted to hang out with his friends. He missed out on going to Mountain Mike's pizza with us - it was pizza buffet and was delicious. I highly recommend the place, especially their dessert pizza. We met my sister and her family there and then we hung out at their house after.
Thursday night was book club, which is always a great night out.
Friday I took Brooke shopping for some new spring clothes. She's lucky she's so thin and can find such cute clothes.
At night, Paul and I went out to dinner at Iggy's with friends in our ward and then played Catch Phrase after.
Saturday we did an easter egg hunt at my sister's house with all the cousins. Justin drove us up to Kaysville and did a great job on the freeway. I was definitely a little more relaxed on the drive home than on the way there. Now he's only got 36 hours to go.
On Sunday I taught all of our Young Women an Easter lesson. The lesson went very well, better than I expected it would and all the credit goes to the girls! They shared such beautiful thoughts about the Savior.
After church we did our usual scripture treasure hunt for baskets and then had a delicious dinner.
On Monday, Brooke and I went with our friends and took their "adopted" grandma out to lunch. For FHE, we had fun playing outside in the beautiful weather and then had a lesson on money and finance.
Now it's back to school and the real world.

No comments: