Thursday, March 06, 2008

I don't really recommend this

Last week I mentioned to Justin that Jared and Kamryn wanted to go find him at school and he asked me why I didn't let them.
So the next day when they asked again I said we could go and find them.
We loaded up in the car and went to Rite Aid and bought the felt tip pens that Brooke needed for art and then went to the school. We got there just before the kids lunch hour. It was a little scary for Jared and Kamryn when the masses of teenagers came out of their classrooms heading to lunch.
When Brooke and Justin saw us they turned red and wanted to hide. They wondered why we were there. When I handed Brooke her art pens she asked me what she was supposed to do with them since she was going to lunch and I told her to hang onto them and be grateful that I brought them.
Then we told Justin that the kids came to find him and wanted to sit by him at lunch and he asked why. I reminded him of our conversation the day before and he said he'd just been kidding.
So I decided to continue the torture and walked to the lunchroom with the little kids and sat down with some of the Young Women in our ward. At least they were happy to see me and talked to me. Of course, I wasn't their mother so it was cool to talk to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the horror!

Susan Byers said...

That is so funny. I was laughing so hard when I read it. I guess you've forgotten what it's like to be in middle school.