Tuesday, July 24, 2007

HP Coma

I've been in a sort of Harry Potter coma or trance since last Friday. I am a fan of the books and the movies and have been enjoying the build up to this last book in the series coming out.
I admit, I didn't really like Book 5 for various reasons so I didn't really rush to read book 6. When I say rush I must explain that I just started reading book 6 for the first time last Friday on the plane. (When it came out Jared and Kamryn were only 2 months old and I didn't read anything for months after that). So when I heard about the 5th movie coming out and then a couple of weeks later the 7th book was being released I figured it was time to read the 6th book. So we saw the movie last week and then I read book 6 on Friday, Sat and Sun (all while I was on short trip with Paul to San Francisco and I had to speak in church on Sunday). I stayed up until 1:30 Sunday night finishing book 6. I got up at 9:00 the next morning and promptly started book 7 and proceeded to read all day and late into the night and then all day today. I finished the book about 5 minutes before my sisters got here to go to the Butlerville Days parade. I felt like I'd just finished a marathon. Justin read the book starting at 1:00 am after the release party at Barnes and Noble and finished it in 12 hours. Brooke finished it last night after starting it on Sat evening. It's fun to read a book at the same time as my kids and their friends and then to talk about it. I'm just sad it's over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing. I bought 6 when it came out but honestly didn't start it until Sunday evening. Then yesterday I went and bought the last copy Super Wal Mart had and started it and now I am on chapter 3. I will attempt to finish it while at girls camp this week. Wish me luck!