Sunday, July 29, 2007

Flash Flood

The other night I was sitting here at the computer in our basement while the kids were watching a movie. All of a sudden I hear this noise of rushing water and look over at the window and water is pouring in. The window well was full and and the floor was soaked all along the wall about 3 feet into the room. I ran upstairs and woke up Paul and told him we were having a flood. He had to go out in the major downpour and bale out the window well and dig a trench in front of the window. While he was doing that the kids and I moved the school desks, all the toys and the entertainment center out of the way. I also went to a friend's to borrow their wet vac and big blower fan. Paul spent the next hour sucking out the water.
We count ourselves lucky that we were home and downstairs at the time. It would have been such a disaster if it had happened while we up at the cabin or gone camping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was one powerful rainstorm that blew through. I was watching the progress on the news and watching the lightening strikes out my window, waiting for it to get to us. Finally it did rain, and it was a relief. But we didn't get such a downpour as you did. I'm glad you were up.
Good luck with the cast removal, and have fun camping!