Sunday, April 15, 2007

St George, part 2

How many kids can you get in one tub? We could believe how dirty the water
was when they were done.

Jared and Kamryn with their friend Ellie, watching "george".

Game night with 3 families - we were playing golf.

Okay, a week later I'm finally getting back to write about St George.
Friends in our ward invited us to go down to St George and stay with them for spring break.
We drove down Wednesday after school. In my car we had Taylor and 2 of his friends in the back seat, Jared and Kamryn in the middle and Justin in the front with me. I must have told him several times that I can't wait until he can drive. I didn't mind driving and wasn't tired (especially after we stopped and I got a diet coke with lime). I was very nice to my teenage son and let him play his music the whole way down. We listened to The Who, Styx, Queen and then he put in Led Zeppelin. I could only stand 2 songs from that CD but those two songs lasted for 15 minutes. (I thought of putting links to all of those bands but who has time or cares). I was totally shocked when he put in a Sade CD. Now, this was a CD he burned with the Sade songs he likes. I was glad to find out that he can branch out a little bit.
So our drive down went by quickly and we were to St George by 6:40. My friend's house is BIG and NICE and NEW. I would love to trade her houses. It reminded me of Phoenix so much.
We went to chuck-a-rama for dinner with 3 mom's and 12 kids!
Most of the weekend we just hung out and rested and relaxed. I should have taken more pictures but I was being too lazy to get up and get the camera. We had fun playing pool and ping pong in their garage, watching movies, going swimming and playing games. The kids also went to the park and played soccer and volleyball and tag.
It was a fun getaway and we look forward to going again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear, you have the most fun of any mother of 5 I know! Way to go! It's my kids' spring break this week, and has anyone invited me to go anywhere? Hmmmm, no. Darn. I'm so glad you had a great time! Where was Brooke?

Lisa said...

Brooke was there - she just rode down with my friend with the Suburban full of girls!