Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Update on bathroom project



Well, the bathroom project has gotten pretty complicated as you can see. I'd planned to put beadboard up over the 1st layer of wallpaper and even bought one sheet of the board. When I put it up it didn't look good - too many lines with the tile below it. So now I have to paint -which meant painting over the wallpaper or taking it down. I decided to take it down which was probably a bad decision. I've got major areas where the wallpaper did indeed take off the wallboard. What a mess. I've spent a lot of time getting the walls cleaned up. Whoever put up that paper did it with wheat paste. After spending most of the day yesterday I've got all the paste off the walls and then washed the walls. Now I've just got to patch the tears and holes - which I have no idea how to do but I guess I'll learn. Paul wants me to wait for him to do it but who knows when that will be since he's got his own bathroom project downstairs. So I guess I'll go to Home Depot and learn how to patch walls.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Wow! Good for you. I'm trying to work up the nerve to paint my front room.