Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bits and pieces

Just a few "bits and pieces" thoughts for the day:
**I taught in YW today. I teach the Beehives and we have about 10 girls in our class. Today we only had 6 girls there and it's amazing how different the class was. Usually the lessons go okay but today was great and I felt really good about it and I think the girls really liked it and got something out of it. The miracle in this is that I didn't really start on the lesson until about 10:00 last night and I was up working on it until about 12:30 and we had church at 11:00 (really 10:00 in my head due to daylight savings times). The lesson was on being a peacemaker and we played spin the bottle to discuss situations of how to be a peacemaker.
**Due to the late night I was so tired after church so I decided to lay down for a short nap. I fare much better if I just lay down for 30 min - I'm too groggy if I really nap. But I must have been tired because I napped for almost 2 hours. I woke up with a start at 5:22 and freaked out. We were having dinner with my family at my mom's and I needed to put green bean casserole in at her house at 5:15. So I had Justin run it over there and then I forgot about it until about half way through everyone dishing up at dinner and Paul said "where are the beans?" I had totally forgotten about them and they were very well done with all the little french's onions burned. Naps are just not good for me.
**Can't believe Rob and Amber got out. I thought for sure it would be a non elimination round. I guess it came down to karma and they played dirty on that round and came back to bite them. We're really pulling for the beauty queens now. I'm going to have to worry about my husband though - he said "I'm all over the beauty queens now."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I was disappointed when Rob & Amber got the boot. They were so good at this game. We are pulling for the BQ's too now. Well I taught the lesson in YW on Sunday too. Fun stuff. I finished The Quilter's Apprentice and am on Once Upon a Day. You seriously need to put ratings on these books...as in like language content etc. :) Hope you are having a great day!

Lisa said...

Good idea about the ratings. On my old blog page I put a little more of a description of the book but haven't been doing that here. Sorry.