Tuesday, September 12, 2006

20 years

Saturday night I went to my 20 year high school reunion. This was the first reunion I've been to. Our five year was on the day I got married and I was living in Tucson for the 10 year. So I was really looking forward to going this time. At $75 a person I didn't even invite Paul to come. I didn't go to his and he didn't really want to come to mine (although he would have if I wanted him to).
I had a good time visiting with lots of people there. At first it was a little embarassing to not remember people's names and have to look at their nametag but then realized everyone was doing that. It was fun to see how people had changed, esp the guys, or had not changed, a lot of the girls.
It was disappointing to not have any type of program or welcome from the committee. The DJ was terrible, in my opinion - he played yucky music of today and way too loud.
I enjoyed visiting with people but it sure would have been nice to have really talked with some people and talk about what we've really done in the last 10 years. Mostly it was - where do you live and how many kids do you have?
I look forward to the 30 year reunion and hope more people come.
PS For phots of the event, go to Paige's blog

No comments: