Friday, February 21, 2014

Brooke's Mission Call

So this week we have been anticipating Brooke's mission call coming.  Her bishop thought it would come Thur or Friday.  I thought back to when Justin's call came - very similar type week with a Monday holiday and it came on Wednesday.  So I really thought it would come Wednesday.
I had to work on Wednesday and Brooke usually has a late afternoon class on Wed and gets home around 4.  So when I got home I didn't think she was home and decided to check the mail.  There it was - that big white envelope!  I came in the house with it and Brooke was home - she'd taken a test in that class and got home early. I wish I would have known that and I would have had her get the mail - oh well.
She was so excited when I showed her the call and came skipping over to get it from me.  And then she went through the feeling of wanting to open but not wanting to at the same time.
At first she thought she wouldn't be able to open it until the next night and I asked why not tonight?  She explained that her BFF Annee had a night class and that her boyfriend, Andre, had to work until 9:00 in Ogden.  I said she could open it at 10 pm - why not? None of us wanted to try to sleep wondering what it said in the envelope.  So we called/texted and set it up for her to open it at my parents at 10 that night.
Then we had to get thru the evening and try and concentrate.




We went over to my parents with our family, Annee and Andre.  We got the envelope opened up and slid in a piece of paper to cover the letter so that she could read it a line at a time. Then we tried to get all the cameras and ipad ready to record.



this is what her brother does while waiting


 "Dear Sister Adams:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the France Paris Mission.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wed, July 9, 2014.  You will prepare to preach the gospel in the French Language."


WOW!  We couldn't believe it!  How exciting!!


And yet, it was not a surprise at all when she read Paris.  So cool!


happy girl :)



Annee, Brooke and Andre




We are all so excited for Brooke.  As her mom, I'm so relieved.  I just wanted her to go somewhere that she was excited and happy about it.  And somewhere I felt that she would be safe.  I'm thankful my prayers were answered.

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

It is just so exciting! Brooke will make an amazing missionary. And you are already the perfect France missionary mom!