Friday, July 05, 2013

Long term sub

I have been working a lot this last school year - as a substitute for Canyons School district.  I worked a lot more than ever - sometimes 4-5 days a week for several weeks in a row.
I spent the last 5 weeks of the school year doing a long term sub job in first grade.
The teacher had to have emergency surgery and was out for the rest of the year.
I've never done a long term job like that and it was a big learning experience for me.
I had to do all the lesson plans, something I've never done before.
Luckily it was the end of the year and not too much new teaching had to be done.
And also lucky, I'd subbed in that class several times before and knew the kids
and really liked the class.  They were great and adapted very well to having a different teacher.
These pictures were taken on our school fun run day.



love these kids!

No comments: