Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sugar Cookies

This recipe was requested by my cute friend, Stephanie.

Sugar Cookies

2 cups margarine (not butter)
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Creme above ingred together. Then add:
3 eggs
1/4 milk

Mix together dry ingred:
6 c flour
1 1/2 TB baking powder
3/4 tsp salt

Add to cremed mixture one cup at a time.
Chill for 1 hour. Then roll out (1/4" thick or more) and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. The secret is to underbake these cookies. Barely brown (if any) on the edges.

Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup crisco
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
5 cups powdered sugar

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you Thank you!!! :) Hehe I've been begging my mom for this recipe, we are going to a family party with Matt's family on Halloween and I said I would bring the sugar cookies so we can decorate them :) You're the best!