Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yard Sale


I got this crazy idea on Thursday to do a yard sale this Saturday! Maybe that really is the way to do it - only work on it for 2 days so you don't spend too much time on it.
Taylor has been bugging me for almost a year to help him clean out his room. We finally dug in and did it on Thursday. His room lets great now (picture to be posted later) and we cleaned out about 8 boxes worth of stuff.
I also had the kids clean out their closets and we bagged up about 6 bags of clothes!



so this morning I did the yard sale thing!
I actually had it at my friend's house (she was staying at her mom's this weekend) because she has a much better location for a yard sale. I had to get up early to go set everything out. I advertised the sale from 8:30 - 11:30 and a lady stopped by at 7:15 to see if we were selling yet!
It was an interesting experience to see who came and what they bought. Taylor came and helped me for about 1/2 the time and then loaded up what was left and went to the DI with me. We ended up making about $100 and got rid of a lot of stuff.

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

That's cool. Did you do something fun with the money?