Friday, August 29, 2008

Some Perspective

So this morning I was just checking out the announcements page on the running blog I post on and came across this announcement. I checked out the blog listed and spent the next hour reading about a family I don't know and having tears roll down my face as I read. I wondered why do all these tragedies happen and how do people overcome such huge obstacles? I always feel guilty when I read about such hard times that others face and know that I am not facing those tragedies nor do I feel like I could. It just makes me grateful for my family and our health and that we have each other and I will try to make each day count and not take so much as a given.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read about them and was reading the sister's blog last night. The sister who had one child and is now taking care of her sister's four kids. Send the love.