Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How Embarassing

So, this morning was going like most --- I went to exercise from 6:15 - 7:15. When I got home my kids were up getting ready for school (that part is not normal). Taylor, my 4th grader who I usually have to wake up, was up and eating breakfast. I got involved with looking at class descriptions for Brighton High School (another blog altogether) and said goodbye to the teenagers. I was still going over course descriptions and then heard the little ones talking so I decided I better get in the shower before I got them up. I took a long hot shower and then was fixing some stuff in my room. I came in the kitchen and made a phone call to my good friend, Melinda, and was talking to her about book club and high school registration when I noticed Taylor still here reading. I was so shocked to see him and was puzzled why he wasn't at school. And then suddenly I realize that I had forgotten him! I felt so bad!! I totally forgot to take him to school. Now in my defense, Taylor admitted that he'd gone back to bed after breakfast because he was cold and wanted to get warm and he thinks maybe he fell asleep. So out of sight, out of mind is how it goes for me.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Haha, I love you Lisa! I can totally see you doing this, in a good way ;) Sounds like something I would do too. :) I love checking up on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Taylor is going to need some serious therapy.

Susan Byers said...

That is so funny. At least he was reading. By the way, thanks for the warning on the virus!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is hilarious! OH well, I forgot to get Andrew from school one day. The office called to tell me he was still there. In my defense, I usually do the dropping off to school rather than the picking up. It happens. Have a good one!