Thursday, April 19, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

My friend Paige just emailed me to find out if I'm okay and still alive, since I haven't done a blog post in a long time, too long really. I really mean to post more often but life is so crazy these days that some things have to go and unfortunately my blog has been one of them.
Here's some of what's been happening:
  • Justin is doing great on his mission in France. We get letters from him early every Monday morning. Since he's 8 hours ahead of us we usually wake up to his letter. I am posting his letters on his mission site and so that takes a little time to keep up with.
  • I have been participating in an 8 week health challenge that I actually found through Pinterest (and they found it from this website) We had 20 ladies sign up for the first challenge and I was basically heading it up, with one friend helping track points for one team. We just finished last week and it was a huge success. We are doing it again, starting next Monday - this time on an individual basis instead of teams and everyone is paying $10 to join and the winner gets all the money.
  • Brooke is super busy with the end of high school - AP tests and finals and trying to stay motivated. She auditioned at Utah State, SUU and U of U for the piano programs. She was accepted at all 3 and has chosen to go to the U. So we are trying to help her figure out her future at the U - helped her figure out housing and was accepted to live in the Emma Eccles Fine Arts House. Now we're trying to figure out what classes she needs to take as a music major and stay on top of all that.
  • We have 3 kids playing soccer so our Saturdays are filled with soccer and then of course there are the weekday practices too (thankfully those have been rained out this week).
  • I am also training for the American Fork Canyon 1/2 Marathon.
  • Due to doing this health challenge, training for the 1/2, and tracking my calories on an iPhone app called Lose It, I've lost 16 pounds!
  • We had a great spring break get away at our cabin (have pictures from some of that to post).
  • I've been subbing a lot but not too much. Mostly in Jared and Kamryn's class and in kindergarten, with a little 6th grade thrown in there recently. For the most part I enjoy it and its the greatest part-time job because it is so flexible.
  • Helped on a committee for our ward fundraiser dinner.
  • Gave a talk in church last week on how to healthy outlook about the trials in our lives and how we can teach our children to handle the trials that will come in their lives.
  • I'm sure there's more for my list of excuses of why I haven't been blogging but can't think of them right now.
What's keeping you busy these days?

2 comments:

Janice said...

Wow Lisa! This is a great update.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to guilt you into posting something, I was really just curious!