Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A miracle

We had a little miracle around here this morning.
Yesterday afternoon Brooke mentioned that she lost her contact - on Saturday! She forgot to tell me until then. She'd been in the bathroom and her right contact flicked off her eyelashes and she looked and looked and couldn't find it. Her dad helped her for a bit but they never found it.
She had an old one she wore yesterday but its not the right prescription so it makes her dizzy. I was supposed to call the eye doctor this morning and order a new one. Before I called the eye doctor I felt like I should go look myself, even though it seemed pretty hopeless since it had been almost 3 days since she'd lost it.
I looked all over! I shook out the 3 rugs in there and listened for a little tiny tinkling sound but nothing. I scoured all over the floor and under the cabinets and all along at the edge of the tub. At the very last spot, by the tub under the door - I found it! I couldn't believe it. Jared and Kamryn had stood right there Sat night after their baths. It must have been on the one rug and when I shook it out there it landed to be found. YEAH!!!

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

YEAH!!!! I love it when stuff like that happens!
Hey, thanks for watching my girls! It helped out SO much. See ya next week! :)

Susan Byers said...

That's the best when good stuff like that happens.

Ashley Harris said...

I love those little miracles. Hope you all are doing well!! HUGS!