Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life is Busy

Life continues to fly by so quickly. I can't believe September is almost over. I love October for lots of reason - Fall is my favorite season, although it means winter is coming and that is depressing; its my birthday which means going out to eat; halloween is coming which can be fun with my preschoolers; football, soccer and volleyball season keeps us very busy but enjoying all those games; fall break at school so we get to sleep in a couple of days, yea!
Here's what we were up to last week:
Monday - laundry day as usual but while I did the laundry I spent the day reading "The Help" - one of the best books I've ever read. Its over 400 pages and I started it on Sunday and finished it on Tuesday.
Tuesday - watched Brooke play volleyball against Lone Peak. They are a powerhouse school in all sports. Even though Brooke's team lost they played their best ever. I stayed for all the teams' games and it was so exciting to watch the varsity team beat Lone Peak - go Bengals!
Wednesday - took Kamryn to dance and then took the twins to preschool. On the way to preschool I got a call on my cell phone from Paul's dad. I knew it wasn't going to be good - Paul's mom had fallen early in the morning and hit her head and broke her wrist. They went in the ambulance to the hospital and he was calling to see if I could pick them up. Of course! So we spent the rest of the late afternoon and evening with them.
Thursday - stayed with Paul's mom during the morning and then took the kids to preschool. After school took Brooke and Taylor to the doctor to get several warts burned off. Came right back from that to host Brooke's volleyball team dinner at our house. The girls decorated t-shirts for game days and then had dinner on the patio. It was perfect weather for a fun evening.
Friday - worked on the ward newsletter all morning and got it emailed off by 1:00. Then met my cousin at my grandma's to visit her. In the evening went to dinner groups for our ward activity.
Saturday - helped some neighbors, went to a boutique-twice, and then soccer for the afternoon watching the boys play great (Justin scored 5 goals in one game), then went to the RS broadcast and dinner and enjoyed visiting with good friends, watched the last quarter of the Utah game - go UTES! and ended the evening watching a Carole King concert on the big screen with Paul for our date.
Wow, I'm tired.

3 comments:

Janice said...

As you should be. (In reference to your, "Wow, I'm tired line.)

Susan Byers said...

Wow, what a busy week. It's funny because fall is our least busy time.

superpaige said...

That's quite a week! Sorry about your mother-in-law.