Sunday, August 09, 2009

Still trying to catch up

I don't know why I feel like I need to catch up on my blog. I really should just let it go and move on, but I can't. This is really my only journal, except for the rare entry due to guilt. So I plan to continue trying to catch up but will keep current at the same time.
This morning we got back from almost a week up at the cabin at Brighton. At times it was just me and my kids - that was nice to enjoy the peace and be with just them. The first night we were there we drove to the top of Guardsman Pass and went on a little hike while we were up there. The view was amazing.
We watched several movies and I read an entire book.
We had 3 parties while we were up there - had to take advantage of having the cabin.
On Thursday we had some couple friends up for dinner and games.
On Friday we had mothers and daughters up while the boys were away at fathers and sons. This was a great gathering and hopefully the beginning of a new tradition.
On Saturday we had 2 families join us for dinner and enjoyed hanging out together.
We came home this morning to go to church. We missed our ward last week because we were at my cousin's baby blessing so I felt like we should go to our own ward today. I would have liked to stay up in the mountains and go to the branch up there. I could stay at the cabin another week. I love it up there. I've got head back up tomorrow and clean up. I'd love to just stay awhile and enjoy the beauty of the mountains.

No comments: