Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was a great mother's day.
First of all, I got to sleep in until 9:15!
Then everyone got up and got ready without any problems. We were ready early enough that we got to walk to church. It was a beautiful day. I really enjoy walking to church with my kids. Its a good time to talk to them. I just wish Paul could walk with us.
It was fun to watch jared and Taylor go up with the primary kids to sing to us mothers. Kamryn wouldn't go up. She's just too shy these days.
After church I made dinner - what I wanted. i've decided it's just easier to have a nice dinner on mother's day if I decide what I want and then make it. And I would rather make it and then have someone else clean it up. We had meatloaf, roasted potatoes, and squash. Then some brownies later for dessert.
We went to visit at Paul's parents and then to my parents. It was just a relaxing, kick-back day. My kids gave me a new phone for my bedroom and Brooke got me a movie. And my mom gave me some money which I will use on an upcoming trip.

1 comment:

superpaige said...

John wouldn't go sing, either.