Tuesday, November 06, 2007

He Passed!


I took Justin down to get his learner's permit yesterday - along with the rest of the 15 year olds in Jordan District. When we walked in at 11:00 am the place was packed!! I almost turned around and left but knew that it would probably never get any better unless I had him miss school.
After waiting for an hour they announced that they would start a second testing room for all the "children" that were there. It struck me to think of "children" taking a written test for driving a car.
Justin was the first one done with the test in about 15 minutes - it is a 50 question test and he passed with 90%!
We then waited another 45 minutes for our number to be called to finish the paperwork and waited some more for his name to be called to get his picture taken. We finally walked out of there 2 hours later with his learners permit.
Now he has 1 year to get in his 40 hours of driving. We figured out if he drives 10 minutes every day over the next year he'll get it in. The nice thing we learned is that he can drive with family members in the car as long as Paul or I am in the front seat with Justin. So I guess I will have a chauffeur for the next year.

No comments: