Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mating

Recent dinner conversation with our family:
Brooke (12) and Justin (14) are for some reason talking about animals mating and which animals mate. Taylor (9) pipes in some comment which I can't remember exactly what it was.
Brooke: "Do you even know what mating is?" (I glare at her not wanting to get into that with Taylor)
Taylor: "Sure. Mom and Dad mated." (He states this very matter of factly while Paul and I are laughing so hard and trying not to).
Taylor goes on: "Of course they mated. They mate all the time!" (Does he know something we think he doesn't know?)
Taylor: "Mating is just another word for dating." (oh that explains everything)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me trespassing... I'm a friend of Melinda's and when I saw you had two tenagers and two babies, I thought "Yes!" - I have 16 and 13 year old girls, a boy of two who seems to run the show at the moment, and a baby girl of 6 months. I don't know how you do it with twins, but personally I love having two older ones - they can have one little one each! I hope you have fun on your cabin weekend and good luck with the blogging every day!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me trespassing... I'm a friend of Melinda's and when I saw you had two tenagers and two babies, I thought "Yes!" - I have 16 and 13 year old girls, a boy of two who seems to run the show at the moment, and a baby girl of 6 months. I don't know how you do it with twins, but personally I love having two older ones - they can have one little one each! I hope you have fun on your cabin weekend and good luck with the blogging every day!