Thursday, August 31, 2006

stomach ache

I've just come home from a new kind of pack meeting and man did it give me stomach ache. I'll try to spare most of you the long story and just say that our stake is going to a stake cub scout pack meeting. I've never liked the idea from the first time I heard it and I really don't like it now that I've come home from the first "pack" meeting - an info meeting for parents and a very boring meeting for the cubs. After about 30 minutes they finally had the den leaders stand up to be introduced and then they called out their cubs and each den went into a room to get to know each other and work out a little skit or song to come back and present in 15 minutes. (why didn't they have the scouts excused to do that at the very beginning). Meanwhile the parents have to stay for more BORING meeting and heated discussion about whether to continue with belt loops and who should pay for them and whether or not to have treats at pack meeting and den meetings. I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THIS PROGRAM BUT I'LL TRY TO SUPPORT IT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Yuck! Why do they take something fun like cub scouts and stakeify it? I wouldn't have a very good attitude about that, I'm sure.

Ashley Harris said...

Okay well I really don't like cub scouts to begin with, but that sounded excruciating. Yick.