Thursday, August 27, 2015

Super Summer

Every year for the past 3 years we've hosted a French student for 3 weeks during July.  This summer was no different except that it was for 4 weeks.  Most of July we had Arthur stay with us.  It was a fantastic month filled with so much fun activities and outings.  This year I even made a calendar for him to take home so he could remember all that we did.
Here it is:

Sorry its a little blurry but you get the idea.
We LOVE Arthur, as we did all of our other French students.  He was a perfect guest - very willing to help out and join in whatever we had planned. He handled our extreme heat better than I expected and even went out to play basketball in the afternoon heat - by himself since my boys are too wimpy to do that.
We were so sad when it came time for him to go back to France - he didn't want to go and we all cried.  I told him now I have more children in France than I do here.  We hope he and his family will come back to visit some day.
Its impossible to share all the photos we took here on this blog but they are posted on Facebook.

No comments: