Thursday, June 10, 2010

16 again

today's prompt:

"If you could go back in time and meet your 16-year-old self,
what three things would you tell yourself?"

What an interesting question, especially considering today is my oldest daughter's 16th birthday (pictures and post about that to come later).
There is so much I would tell my young teen self and some of that cannot be posted in public :)
But the things I could post go as follows:
  • Be involved at school. Try out for the volleyball team. Join more clubs.
  • don't have a job during high school
  • Don't buy that car!!!
  • boys are not that great. don't pine away for them. They need to do a lot of growing up and even then they are mostly not worth the fretting and worrying.
  • you are SKINNY, not FAT!
  • You have the greatest group of friends a girl could ever have (I do think my 16 year old self knew at least that at that time)
  • when you grow up you will want to be a nurse so start working towards that now.
That's more than 3 but that's okay.

No comments: